Wood Roof Truss Design-check Here for Information on How To Build and Design your Own.
The only way to build and design your own wood roof truss design is to research your idea on what you are looking for. There will be a few different ways to figure out where to start. If you don´t want to do it your self then the manufactures would love to talk to you and get what you are looking for. The first roof truss was stick built from lumber just like stick framing but with wood gussets as plates until metal plates were made. Now you can find wood roof truss design almost anywhere
Wood roof trusses have been used in residential constructionfor over 26 years. In more remote locations they are built on-site and the joints covered what is called plywood gussets, and nailed according to engineers. This research reviewed and updated the design and nailing standards, particularly in regards rain and snow load. The updating provides useful information for all of who build trusses on-site.
Web Members: The web members of a wood roof truss design divide it into triangles. The members indicated by heavy lines normally carry stresses for vertical loads. The top chords of these wood roof truss design slope slightly in one or two directions for roof drainage, but this does not change the type of truss. The necessary number of subdivisions, or panels, depends on the length of the span.
- Clear Spans: Lets interior partitioning and room arrangement very flexible. Clear spans up to 80´-0" are common.
- Proven Performance: Over 149 million roof truss systems have been installed throughout the country over the years. Properly fabricated and erected, they are trouble free perfect fit if designed right.
- Architectural Versatility: Almost unlimited aesthetic and workable design capability.
- Economy: Labor savings due to light weight, easy to install with job site labor, no trimming, no cutting, open webs, very fast to finish, result in overall lower cost.
- Local Availability: Manufactured in over than 550 plants across the United States, eliminating saving from long shipments or lead times.
- Environmentally Compatible: Wood is the only one with the most energy efficient of major building products.
- Insulation: Lumber has excellent insulation capabilities, and there are no temperature bridges through the timber.
- Consistent Quality: Shop fabricated on precision machinery in accordance with high standards (usually but check with manufacturer).
Go ahead and have a look around. Bring your imagination with you! We think you´ll like what you see.
Once again, modern materials and techniques have come to the rescue, so today we use attic trusses in trussed roof loft conversions to replace bulky timber webs and free up loft space.